Recipe by Winnie & Liz
1 large Spaghetti Squash
1 1/2 bunches Kale
3 c Spaghetti Sauce
1 c Salsa
1 can Beans (red, black, or pinto)
3 stalks Celery (rough chopped)
1 pk Daiya Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
2 tbsp Tamari
1 tsp Coconut Oil (or other)
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Bring 4 QTs water to a boil.
3) Slice squash in half the long way. Removes seeds. Place in water. Boil gently until a fork will pull the squash out like spaghetti (about 35 mins). When squash is finished, place in a colander to cool.
4) Grate 3 carrots and chop the celery.
5) Heat sauce and salsa in sauce pan. Add carrots and celery. Let cook for 5 minutes.
6) In a sauce pan, dump can of beans (including the liquid). Add Italian seasoning, cumin, tamari, and coconut oil. Mix with fork. Partially mash the beans (leaving some whole). When 1/2 the liquid from the beans has evaporated, they are done.
1) Use a fork to remove the squash from the shell in spaghetti strands. Place at the bottom of a 13″x9″ baking dish.
2) Slather 1/2 the sauce over the squash.
3) Spread the beans over the sauce.
4) Slather the remaining sauce over the beans.
5) Generously sprinkle the Daiya cheese package over the top.
6) Bake for 35 minutes (or until hot).
1) In a large pan, bring 1 cup water to a boil.
2) Chop remaining 3 carrots. Add to water.
3) Remove stems from washed kale. Tear the kale and add to water.
4) Cook for about 8 minutes. Drain water. Sprinkle kale and carrots with salt and olive oil.
Voila! You’re finished 🙂 Enjoy this delicious, flavor-blasted lasagna with a heaping helping of the tender kale and carrots.