Recipe from Vegan With A Vengeance
Reformulated by Winnie
1/4 c Coconut Creamer
1/3 c + 1 1/2 tsp Milk of Choice
1 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 1/2 c All purpose flour (whole wheat or gluten free)
3 tbsp Sugar of Choice
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Salt
5 1/2 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
1 1/2 tbsp Orange Zest
1/2 c Confectioner’s Sugar (if you prefer less sugar, substitute 2 tbsp Arrowroot Powder for 2 tbsp Sugar)
1 tbsp Earth Balance (or butter)
1 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
1/2 tsp Orange Zest
1) Preheat oven to 400.
2) Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
3) In a measuring cup, combine cream, milk, and vinegar. Set aside to let curdle.
4) In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
5) Add cream mixture, oil, and orange zest to dry ingredients. Mix until everything combines (should be slightly clumpy).
6) Knead the dough then form a 6″ disk. Cut into 8 slices like you would cut a pizza. Place each slice on the cookie sheet.
7) Bake 12-15 minutes (until slightly brown on bottom and firm).
8) Transfer to cooling rack.
1) Melt the Earth Balance (or butter) in a saucepan.
2) Add remaining ingredients to melted butter. Mix until smooth.
When scones are cool, transfer to plate and drizzle about 2 tbsp of glaze over each scone. Enjoy 🙂