Recipe by Winnie
2 tbs Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard Seed
1/2″ Fresh Ginger cut julienne-style
1 lb Green Beans
1/4 c Water
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Salt
2 tbs Fresh Cilantro minced
1 tsp Lemon/Lime juice (optional)
1) Heat oil in pan.
2) Add mustard seed and ginger. Turn heat down to medium. Cover until seeds pop.
3) Add green beans. Stir fry uncovered. 5-7 minutes.
4) Add water. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Remove cover and add in the remaining ingredients (except cilantro and juice) until beans are done.
6) Turn off heat and add in cilantro and juice for serving.
These green beans go great with rice/millet/quinoa, pasta, or tofu/tempeh! Enjoy!