Recipe by Winnie
Makes 6 cups
5 c Water
2 tsp Fresh Ginger (chopped not fine)
1 tsp Fennel Seeds
1 tsp Cinnamon Pieces
5 Cloves Whole
1 tsp Cardamom Pods Green Whole
¼ tsp Coriander Whole
3 Thin slices of Whole Nutmeg
4 Whole Black Peppercorns
½ tsp Echinacea Root (optional)
2 to 3 tsp Black Tea
1 to 2 tsp Green tea
1 ½ c Milk of your choice (Cows, Soy, Rice, Coconut, Almond, etc.)
½ pk Stevia
2 tsp Honey or Agave Light
1) Bring water to a boil.
2) Crush the cardamom and coriander. Can be crushed in coffee grinder, morter & pestal, or in a bag and lightly hit with hammer.
3) Add all the herbs to the boiling water minus the black and green tea. Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, bring the milk to a rolling boil in a separate pan. Add your black and green tea and boiling milk into pan with the herbs.
5) Boil together for 1 minute.
6) Shut off and let sit for 4 minutes.
7) Strain everything out. Add sweetener.
Relax and enjoy!